Gift Aid is a government-run scheme that allows Alzheimer’s Research UK to reclaim the tax that you have already paid on your donations.


To qualify for Gift Aid, what you pay in Income Tax or Capital Gains Tax must at least equal the amount Alzheimer’s Research UK, or any other charities or CASC’s, claim in the tax year. If you pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax in the current tax year than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on your donations, it is your responsibility to pay any difference.

  • 1. Your details

  • 2. UK Taxpayer

  • If you are a UK taxpayer, under the Government’s Gift Aid scheme Alzheimer’s Research UK can claim the tax you have already paid on your gift. This means that your donations can increase in value by at least 25% at no extra cost to you.
  • We’d like you to be the first to know about the latest research and how your support makes a difference, as well as ways you can get involved and help fund our life-changing work. We’ll keep your information safe and never sell or swap it with anyone.

    Let us know how we can contact you below:

  • Hidden
  • You can change how we talk to you at any time, by calling 0300 111 5555 or emailing Our Privacy Notice can be found at and explains how we will use and store your information.
  • By submitting this form you are e-signing this declaration.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Gift Aid and sponsorship

To allow us to claim this additional income, your sponsors must:

  • Write their full name and title
  • Include their full home address
  • Tick the Gift Aid box on your sponsorship form when they sponsor you
  • The name, amount, address and postcode must be filled out in the sponsors own handwriting

The information above applies to offline donations only. JustGiving and other online fundraising sites will automatically claim Gift Aid on behalf of your sponsors where they are eligible.

Update your personal details

Have you changed your name, moved house or no longer qualify for Gift Aid due to a change in tax circumstances?

Please let us know so we can continue to claim Gift Aid accurately and only where applicable.

Call our Supporter Care team on 0300 111 5555 or email

Frequently asked questions