We engage with parliamentarians to influence policy decisions that will benefit people effected by dementia and the wider dementia community
With your support, we’re working with parliamentarians and policymakers to ensure dementia research is a priority for the government. Our aim is to influence policy to accelerate progress for dementia research and improve the lives of those living with dementia.
Take a look at some of our recent work:
- An open letter to the Prime Minister urging him to convene a Dementia Medicines Taskforce to speed up the development and roll-out of life-changing treatments for people with dementia.
- Our Moonshot event we hosted during World Alzheimer’s Month to raise awareness amongst parliamentarians of the need for government to deliver on their manifesto commitment, to double funding for dementia research.
- We played a leading role in helping to shape the government’s next Dementia Strategy by providing expertise and feedback in the prevention, diagnosis and research working groups.
- Our letter to the Chancellor ahead of the spending review, asking him to honour the government’s promise to double its investment in dementia research. He announced £2.3 billion for increased diagnostic capacity across the NHS and £2.1 billion to support the use of new digital technology, measures which should help more people receive an earlier diagnosis of the diseases that cause dementia.
- We mobilised our Campaigners to sign and share our petition which helped to increase pressure on MPs to support our policy asks.
- Our Dementia Hotspots Map, helps break down the number of people living with dementia in each constituency, allowing MPs to understand the impact of the condition in their local area, as well as across the UK.
Gets facts and stats
The facts and statistics around dementia in the UK, including prevalence, the impact on the economy and investment.
Our policy work
We're working with governments worldwide, funders, industry, and people impacted by dementia to support life-changing research.
Government’s missed opportunity on research funding
Dementia is one of the biggest health challenges of our lifetimes. This week the UK government had the chance to rise to that challenge and give hope to the nearly 1 million people living with dementia across the country.
Campaign with us
23 September 2021
Representatives of Alzheimer’s Research UK recently met with MPs in parliament to mark World Alzheimer’s Month and highlight the urgent need to secure more funding for dementia research.