Are you looking for information about legal issues, particularly if you or your family are affected by dementia?
Alzheimer’s Research UK has created these resources to help you plan for the future.
You can also request your free Planning for the Future pack which contains more information on these topics, packaged in a folder for you to keep safe.
Legal steps after a dementia diagnosis
Alzheimer’s Research UK has created resources to help with the legal questions that we hear from people affected by dementia.
Making or updating your Will
A Will is one of the most important documents in your life, to make sure your wishes are carried out after you pass away.
Lasting Powers of Attorney
Lasting Powers of Attorney are vital in ensuring your wishes are carried out if you become unable to manage your own affairs.
Planning and paying for care
Many of us worry about the cost of care for ourselves or loved ones. Being aware of the options available can help.
Resources and organisations that can support in planning for the future
- Alzheimer’s Research UK’s list of specialist solicitors - We have compiled this list of solicitors who have experience of clients affected by dementia.
- Alzheimer’s Research UK’s Will-writing offers - We have a range of offers available so that you can write your Will for free in a way that suits you.
- Citizens Advice - Citizens Advice provides confidential, free advice on issues such as family, housing, money and health.
- Solicitors for the Elderly - Solicitors for the Elderly are a select group of lawyers who spend at least 50% of their time with older and vulnerable clients, who are trained and qualified in the support of older clients.
- The Law Society - The Law Society is the independent professional body for solicitors. They can help you to find a solicitor and provide advice on how to get help for common legal problems.
- Law Society of Scotland - The Law Society of Scotland is the professional body for Scottish solicitors. They can help you to find a qualified solicitor.
Request your free Planning for the Future Pack
Are you looking for information about legal issues, particularly if you or your family are affected by dementia? Alzheimer’s Research UK have developed a pack with information on Wills, Inheritance Tax, Lasting Powers of Attorney and paying for care. It comes packaged in a folder for you to keep safe and store with your other important documents.