We promise to make the best use of each donation to help further dementia research for the benefit of everyone.
There are over 850,000 people living with dementia in the UK today, a number forecast to rise rapidly as the population ages. By 2025, this number will rise to one million. Thanks to our dedicated, committed and loyal supporters, Alzheimer’s Research UK is able to fund vital research into finding preventions, treatments and a cure for dementia.
We will keep you updated with our work (unless you request otherwise) and show the progress your donation is helping to achieve. We will treat your personal information with respect in full accordance with your preferences and UK law.
We treat all communications, whether positive or negative, seriously and endeavour to ensure that we respond in a timely manner in accordance with Fundraising Standards.
The information on this page is available to download as a PDF document.
We will deliver this promise in the following ways:
In response to your generous donations, we promise:
- Your donation will be processed efficiently and used to fund the best possible research
- Your donation will be promptly acknowledged and we will always be incredibly grateful for your support
- We will keep our administration costs to a minimum and provide clear, public financial reports in our Annual Review
- Your donations will be maximised through Gift Aid, where appropriate
- If you would like to allocate your donation to a particular area of our work we will respect your wishes, and where this is not possible, we will advise you of this and proceed as you request.
We endeavour to provide exceptional supporter care and so when you contact us we promise to:
- Handle your enquiry in an honest and professional manner
- Provide a response to your queries and questions as quickly as possible, and if we are delayed, let you know when you can expect a response
- Treat all complaints seriously, investigate them fully and report back to you with a solution. Please see our Feedback and complaints section for more information
- Welcome and encourage feedback from you to improve our work.
We strive to keep you fully updated on our work and communicate with you in the way you prefer and so we will:
- Use our communications to inform you of the latest news and achievements and update you on how your support powers ground-breaking research into prevention, treatment and, ultimately, a cure for the condition, offering hope to future generations
- Show you how you can further support us to fund the most promising dementia research, unless you request us not to
- Communicate with you in the way that you prefer when you inform us of that preference.
Alzheimer’s Research UK is registered with Fundraising Regulator the UK’s independent regulator of charitable fundraising. The Fundraising Regulator works with charities and suppliers to build commitment to best practice in fundraising. Charities registered with the Fundraising Regulator follow fundraising code of practice, so donors can give with confidence.