Thank you for your interest in becoming an office volunteer.
Alzheimer’s Research UK is the fastest growing medical research charity in the UK, tackling dementia, the world’s greatest medical challenge. Our mission is to help bring about the first life-changing treatment for dementia by 2025, with an ultimate vision to end the fear, harm and heartbreak of dementia.
Our Community Fundraising Team comprises of 11 Regional Fundraisers who work across the country with individual supporters, community groups, small businesses, volunteers and those taking on challenges such as trekking and climbing.
What will an Office Volunteer (Community Fundraising) do?
We’re looking for somebody to assist the team with the following types of tasks:
- Help collate data research and data quality checks for the Community Team in their approaches to Community Groups.
- Support with ordering couriers and general organisation of merchandise, leaflets and IT folders.
- Calling supporters to ask for updates, wishing them luck with their events and thanking them for their fundraising.
- Help to think of new fundraising ideas and become involved in new projects.
- Participate in sending thank you letters and cards to our fantastic supporters.
- Provide additional assistance to the Central Fundraising and Sporting Events Teams when required.
How much time will I have to commit?
Ideally, we are looking for someone who is able to commit six hours a week and is happy to come into the ARUK offices in Abington, just outside of Cambridge. We are grateful for your time and understand the need to be flexible therefore we will work with you to find times that suit both of us.
What are we looking for?
Although you do not need to have previous experience of a similar volunteering role within a charity, ideally you will have the following:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Databases.
- Ability to represent the charity in a confident way.
What are the personal benefits?
- As part of your commitment to volunteering with Alzheimer’s Research UK, you will be guided through our induction process and undertake essential training relevant to the role.
- You will have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, forward thinking and professional team.
- You will develop knowledge in the charity sector and specifically Community Fundraising to add to your CV.
- Reimbursement of reasonable out-of-pocket expenses.
- Meet new people and make new friends.
- Become part of a worldwide movement to defeat dementia.
What’s the next step?
To be considered for the role, please send your CV and a short letter explaining why you’d like to volunteer to email@example.com. If your application is progressed, we will invite you to the office for an informal interview and a chance to meet the team you’d be supporting.
Thank you again for your interest in becoming an Office Volunteer. If you have any further questions or would like to discuss the role further please do not hesitate to get in touch by calling the Volunteering team on 0300 111 5333 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org