By applying for a place in Walk for a Cure with Alzheimer’s Research UK (“ARUK”) you accept and agree to abide by the following terms:
- By registering for Walk for a Cure all participants acknowledge that the Event contains a physical component, and that participation in the Event will be physical in part. You confirm you are aware of the associated medical and physical risks involved and are physically capable of competing in the Event and agree that Massive Events Ltd, its officers, employees, agents, affiliates, sponsors, charities or medical advisers are not responsible for any injury or illness that you may suffer as a result of my participation in the Event.
- All registrants irrevocably consent to their appearance in the Event being filmed, recorded, incorporated and exploited in whole or in part in any television programme, film, video or broadcast of whatever nature by all means and in all media and formats now or invented after today.
- All participants irrevocably consent to the use and reproduction of their name, likeness, appearance and photographs, films and recordings by all means and in all media for the purpose of advertising, publicity and otherwise in relation to the exploitation of the Event and/or the promotion of the Event and the commercial rights relating to the Event provided that such use does not imply my direct endorsement of any official sponsor or supplier of the Event.
- All registrants acknowledge that neither Massive Events Ltd or Alzheimer’s Research UK shall be held liable for:
- any loss or damage of personal equipment
- any indirect or consequential losses
- Nothing in these Conditions of Entry shall exclude or limit the liability of Massive Events Ltd or Alzheimer’s Research UK for personal injury caused by Massive Events Ltd or Alzheimer’s Research UK negligence, for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for any matter for which it would be illegal for Massive Events Ltd or Alzheimer’s Research UK to exclude or attempt to exclude its liability.
- We regret that we are unable to refund any registration fees unless your application is unsuccessful.
- Your place in this walk is non-transferable. Any attempt to transfer your place may result in this place being lost, you will not be entitled to a refund if you have paid a fee for your place.
- If you need to withdraw from this event, ARUK cannot guarantee that your place will be deferred to the following year. You may need to re-apply for a charity place and you may be required to commit to the sponsorship pledge that is set for the following year.
- By applying for a place in Walk for a Cure, you agree to meet the minimum sponsorship amount. This is £100 per person.
- All entrants under the age of 17 must be accompanied by a responsible adult (over 18), by registering you confirm this is the case.
- Walkers are asked to please check individual event location details if they would like to walk with dogs, except for service animals.
- All monies raised as part of your pledge must be paid to ARUK within 6 weeks of the event date. If a deficit to the minimum sponsorship amount remains after this time, ARUK may require you to pay the difference.
- We reserve the right to refuse any application at our absolute discretion, without providing reasons for doing so.
- We may contact you at any time via email in regards to this event.
- In the event you need to withdraw from the event for any reason you should inform us promptly by one of the methods specified below. We regret that we are unable to refund any registration payment or sponsorship that you may have raised for or paid to ARUK.
- You can withdraw from your place in the sporting event at any point by emailing email@example.com or by calling 0300 1115555. No withdrawal fee will be payable to ARUK, however we regret that we are unable to refund any registration payment or sponsorship that you may have raised for or paid to ARUK prior to your withdrawal.
- We have strived to ensure that the information provided in relation to Walk for a Cure is accurate at the time of publication, timely, unbiased and useful. However, no information provided by ARUK or any third parties should be treated as medical guidance or professional advice. We are not responsible for errors or omissions in the information provided nor any actions resulting from the use of such information, and ARUK makes no warranty of any kind, either express or implied, with respect to this information. Use of the information provided is voluntary.
- In no event shall we be liable to you whether for breach of contract, any tortious act or omission (including negligence) or otherwise, under or in connection with these terms and conditions for any direct or indirect (i) loss or damage, (ii) loss of profit, loss of reputation, (iii) loss of business, (iv) loss of revenue or goodwill, (v) loss of anticipated savings, (vi) pledges made on your behalf or by you to charity, or (vii) any consequential or indirect loss, regardless of whether the loss or damage (a) would arise in the ordinary course of events, (b) is reasonably foreseeable, or (c) is in contemplation of the parties, or otherwise.
- On confirmation of your place you will be invited to join one of our Facebook groups. We have the right to use any material posted on the groups in our marketing materials or future communications. We reserve the right to remove or hide any content posted on these groups with no reason given.
- You understand that the event you are participating in is organised by a third party. You must adhere to the rules outlined by the event organisers, including any age restriction in place. ARUK is not responsible and ARUK’s liability for (i) cancellation of the sporting event and (2) any loss, damage or injury acquired as a result of taking part and/or as a result of cancellation of the sporting event is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law. Any dispute arising under or in connection with these terms and conditions shall be referred for determination to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.