Materials order form terms and conditions
Thank you for ordering health information from Alzheimer’s Research UK.
Please note if you are only ordering health information, the Fundraising Materials Terms and Conditions do not apply.
As a certified member of The Information Standard, our health information must be:
- accurate and based on reliable evidence
- balanced and impartial
- clear and well-designed
- accessible and up-to-date
Find out more information about The Information Standard.
Fundraising Materials Terms and conditions
Thank you for your interest in raising funds for Alzheimer’s Research UK (“ARUK”). Please read these terms and conditions carefully before submitting a materials request form, as they apply to all voluntary fundraising activity and you are therefore required to comply with them:
- You agree to organise fundraising activities as an independent supporter of ARUK. You should therefore refer to raising money “in aid of” ARUK, rather than on ARUK’s behalf.
- You agree to comply with any instructions or guidance provided by ARUK in relation to the health and safety of your fundraising activity.
- You will be responsible for any costs, taxes or expenses incurred or arising in connection with your fundraising activity.
- You accept that any risks arising out of your fundraising activity are your responsibility, including liability for any injury or loss which may occur to you, your helpers or guests. You will therefore take all reasonable precautions to protect the health and safety of all those participating in, involved with or attending your activity.
- You will comply with any applicable laws and regulations relating to your fundraising activity, including obtaining any necessary licenses, consents or permissions e.g. if you are holding a raffle or lottery, or are proposing to sell alcohol. See fundraisingregulator.org.uk for further guidance.
- You acknowledge and accept that ARUK’s insurance policy will not cover your fundraising activities.
- You will not do anything that threatens ARUK’s reputation or name. If you do, ARUK has the right to ask you to stop your fundraising activity immediately.
- You agree to pay all of the proceeds raised by your fundraising event to ARUK as soon as possible after the event (and subject to any agreed timescale), and in accordance with ARUK’s instructions. You may not deduct any costs unless agreed in writing with ARUK.
- You shall encourage donors and/or sponsors to make gift aid declarations where eligible, which may enable us to recover basic rate tax on such donations. Further information about the Gift Aid visit alzheimersresearchuk.org/other-ways-to-donate or contact the Inland Revenue on 0151 472 6038 or inlandrevenue.gov.uk.
- Unless ARUK has provided you with branded materials as a result of your registration, you may only use the ARUK name and logo for your fundraising activities with our written permission, and in accordance with the ARUK brand guidelines, which can be requested from ARUK. To apply for permission, you will need to let us know how you propose to use the ARUK name and/or logo on your own materials by emailing [email protected], and provide us with examples and/or samples of such use if we request it.
- If you provide photographs or videos taken during your fundraising activity to ARUK, you agree that these may be used by ARUK for commercial and/or fundraising purposes. By sending these to us, you are also confirming that anyone featuring prominently in the photograph or video is aged 16 or over, and that they have consented to their image being used in this way.
- If you are under 14, you confirm that you have shown these terms and conditions to your parent/guardian, and they have agreed to accept responsibility for complying with these terms and conditions.
- The link between traumatic head injuries caused by boxing and an increased risk of developing dementia and other brain disorders is well described in the research literature. As an organisation with a charitable remit focused on funding research into the cause, prevention, diagnosis and treatment of dementia we cannot accept donations from activities, events or organisations that are associated with the promotion or practice of boxing.
By submitting a materials request form you agree to adhere to these terms and conditions.