By applying for a place in a sporting event with Alzheimer’s Research UK (“ARUK”) you accept and agree to abide by the following terms:
Charity place entrants
The following provisions apply to entrants participating in a sporting event to raise money for ARUK only:
- As ARUK has a limited number of places in sporting events ARUK cannot guarantee that your application will be successful.
- If your application is successful, you may be required to complete your registration on the entry registration system for the third-party event. Further details will be provided closer to the event date. If you fail to complete this entry form by the deadline given, you may lose your place in your event. No refund will be given.
- If you are required to pay for a registration fee for a ARUK charity place as part of the application process, we regret that we are unable to refund any payment unless your application is unsuccessful.
- If you are granted an ARUK charity place, please note this place is non-transferable. Any attempt to transfer your place may result in this place being lost, but you will not be entitled to a refund if you have paid a fee for your place.
- To complete your registration, ARUK may need to pass your data on to the third-party event organiser. If you do not complete the registration by any deadline specified by the third-party event organiser, you may lose your place.
- If you have purchased a charity place with ARUK but need to withdraw from the sporting event, ARUK cannot guarantee that your place will be deferred to the following year. You may need to re-apply for a charity place and you may be required to commit to the sponsorship pledge that is set for the following year.
- Obtaining places in sporting events often requires an investment from ARUK. By applying for a charity place in any sporting event with ARUK, you agree to meet the minimum sponsorship amount as specified on each third party event webpage.
- All monies raised as part of your pledge must be paid to ARUK within 6 weeks of the event date. If a deficit to the minimum sponsorship amount remains after this time, ARUK may be require you to pay the difference.
The following provisions apply to all entrants participating in an ARUK sporting event:
- We reserve the right to refuse any application at our absolute discretion, without providing reasons for doing so.
- In the event you need to withdraw from the sporting event for any reason you should inform us promptly by one of the methods specified below. We regret that we are unable to refund any registration payment or sponsorship that you may have raised for or paid to ARUK.
- You can withdraw from your place in the sporting event at any point by emailing email@example.com or by calling 0300 1115555. No withdrawal fee will be payable to ARUK, however we regret that we are unable to refund any registration payment or sponsorship that you may have raised for or paid to ARUK prior to your withdrawal.
- Any images, videos, audio or quotes we collect from you in connection with your participation in or fundraising for the sporting event may be used by ARUK on social media, the ARUK or third party websites and in future marketing materials or other publications. If you would like your image removed, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org We will aim to remove all images within 10 working days.
- We have strived to ensure that the information provided in relation to the sporting event is accurate at the time of publication, timely, unbiased and useful. However, no information provided by ARUK or any third parties should be treated as medical guidance or professional advice. We are not responsible for errors or omissions in the information provided nor any actions resulting from the use of such information, and ARUK makes no warranty of any kind, either express or implied, with respect to this information. Use of the information provided is voluntary.
- In no event shall we be liable to you whether for breach of contract, any tortious act or omission (including negligence) or otherwise, under or in connection with these terms and conditions for any direct or indirect (i) loss or damage, (ii) loss of profit, loss of reputation, (iii) loss of business, (iv) loss of revenue or goodwill, (v) loss of anticipated savings, (vi) pledges made on your behalf or by you to charity, or (vii) any consequential or indirect loss, regardless of whether the loss or damage (a) would arise in the ordinary course of events, (b) is reasonably foreseeable, or (c) is in contemplation of the parties, or otherwise.
- On confirmation of your place you will be invited to join one of our sporting Facebook groups. We have the right to use any material posted on the groups in our marketing materials or future communications. We reserve the right to remove or hide any content posted on these groups with no reason given.
- You understand that the event you are participating in is organised by a third party. You must adhere to the rules outlined by the event organisers, including any age restriction in place. ARUK is not responsible and ARUK’s liability for (i) cancellation of the sporting event and (2) any loss, damage or injury acquired as a result of taking part and/or as a result of cancellation of the sporting event is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law. Any dispute arising under or in connection with these terms and conditions shall be referred for determination to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Give Five - Garmin Running Challenge
- These terms and conditions (“Rules”) apply to the “Garmin Running Challenge”, part of the Give Five campaign to be conducted by Alzheimer’s Research UK. By entering this competition on social media and using the #GarminGiveFive, you agree to be bound by these Rules. In the event of any dispute regarding the Rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Promotion, the decision of Alzheimer’s Research UK shall be final, and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- The competition will start from 12:00 p.m. GMT on 14th February 2021 and will continue until 11:59 p.m. GMT on 18th April 2021. Entries received outside of the competition period will not be valid and shall not be a part of the competition. All decisions of Alzheimer’s Research UK shall be final. There will be nine participating winners of the competition.
- There is a total of nine prizes consisting of one Forerunner 45 (S version or regular version) for each prize (the “Prizes”). Each prize will be awarded to one winner. Colours may vary. Alzheimer’s Research UK will provide each winner of the challenge with one Forerunner 45 of £159.99.
- The potential winners will be chosen in a random drawing from the pool of valid entries. The random drawings will be conducted by one or more employees of Alzheimer’s Research UK. Winners will be announced by 05:00 PM the following Monday for the week prior.
- Winners will be notified by Direct Message on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook from the Alzheimer’s Research UK account. If any winner fails to acknowledge their win within 14 days, a new winner will be selected.
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Making a purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Eligible persons may enter the competition by posting a photo of themselves on their run, and including the #GarminGiveFive hashtag, as well as tagging @Garmin UK and @AlzResearchUK for twitter, @alzheimersresearchuk on Instagram from 12:00pm GMT on 14th January 2021. If you are unable to use social, photos can be submitted to email@example.com.
- If you post outside of the date and time, or via a direct message to any Alzheimer’s Research or Garmin accounts, your entry will not be valid to participate in the competition.
- The competition’s promoter is Alzheimer’s Research UK, 3 Riverside, Granta Park, Great Abington, Cambridgeshire, CB21 6AD. Registered charity numbers: 1077089 and SC042474
- All participants must be 18 years of age or over, and must be legal residents in the UK and Ireland, to be eligible for this Competition. Employees and their immediate families of Garmin International, Inc. (“Garmin”) and any of Garmin’s affiliated companies or Alzheimer’s Research UK are not eligible
- This competition is in no way affiliated with Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or its subsidiaries
- Alzheimer’s Research will act as judge by the prize winners. The judges’ decisions will be final in every situation, including any not covered above and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winner’s will be picked weekly, on the Monday for the week before. Winner’s will be picked at random using a random number generator.
- The Competition and the terms and conditions of this agreement will be governed by English law.
- Alzheimer’s Research UK will not store entrant’s names and will only review the posts on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. No data will be stored by Alzheimer’s Research UK apart from the name of the winners. This data will be used for the explicit purpose of identifying and notifying the entrants that they’ve been selected as the winners
- When participating in this competition, none of your statutory rights will be affected.