Joining one of our established regional fundraising groups, or helping to set up a new one in your area, can be a hugely rewarding experience.
Fundraising Groups are the beating heart of Alzheimer’s Research UK.
Run by wonderful volunteers, they raise money and awareness in local communities throughout the country. Our ground-breaking research is carried out across the UK so, wherever you’re based, you’re never far away from a lab where Alzheimer’s Research UK-funded scientists are working to make breakthroughs possible.
- Organise and host your own events including Quiz Nights, Sponsored Walks, Afternoon Teas, Race Nights – (these are just for starters – as a passionate member of a fundraising group, you will probably be bursting with ideas for successful ways to fundraise!)
- Support the charity at local bucket collections and manning stands at local events
- Represent Alzheimer’s Research UK at local community club and business cheque presentations and events
- Spread the word of Alzheimer’s Research UK in your local area through speaking to the local media and delivering talks
- Get involved with one of the key roles in the Group including Lead, Secretary, Treasurer, Press Contact or Social Media Lead
You can pick and choose from the above as to what you’d like to get involved with and you can volunteer on your terms, as little or as much as you like.
For more information about this volunteer opportunity, please click on the relevant Role Description
There is nothing quite like the buzz you get from doing something positive for a cause you really believe in. Joining a fundraising group to help raise vital funds for research into dementia is really important to me.”