Brave the Bridge for a breakthrough
Location: The Transporter Bridge, Newport
Date: 6th October 2019
Activity level: Extreme!
Brave the bridge and help make breakthroughs possible!
Abseil from Newport’s most iconic landmark, the Transporter Bridge. It’s a unique opportunity to see the sites of Newport from 178 feet high and raise vital funds for life-changing dementia research.
At Alzheimer’s Research UK, we know that dementia is caused by diseases, and with your help, research can overcome them. Every pound you raise will help make breakthroughs possible.
Join the team and you’ll get;
- A bespoke Alzheimer’s Research UK t-shirt & fundraising pack.
- Fundraising support from the Alzheimer’s Research UK team.
- A glass of bubbly with your fellow abseilers to celebrate.
- Abseil times start from 9am – you will be notified of your allocated time.
- You will climb 278 steps before abseiling ‘free-fall’.
- Pay a registration fee of £25 to secure your place (non-refundable).
- Raise a minimum of £150 for Alzheimer’s Research UK.
- Minimum age is nine (Parent/Guardian’s permission is required for anyone under 18 – disclaimer will need to be signed)
- Weight restrictions apply: Max. weight is 127kg (20 stone).
- We also require you to complete a medical disclaimer form on booking.
The event is open to anyone over the age of nine years, even if you haven’t abseiled before, full tuition will be provided by qualified instructors so no previous experience is necessary.