Take on the ARUK Explorer hike and walk 26 miles across the spectacular Peak District on World Alzheimer’s Day.
Starting in Bakewell, you will follow the Monsal Trail, using the former Midland Railway line, including the spectacular headstone tunnel before dropping into Monsal Dale, one of the most famous and photographed locations in Derbyshire.
Walking along the river and through woods, you will next ascend through the stunning Deep Dale and across open fields before joining the Pennine Bridleway and the High Peak Trail, which follows one of the world’s first long distance rails lines, enjoying views of the White Peaks.
Finally, dropping into the village of Carsington, you’ll join the beautiful lakeside footpath and head along the edge of the reservoir at Carsington Water before crossing the finish line.
Join us and your fellow walkers for a hot meal and post-event celebration while you wear your medal with pride.
- An exclusive ARUK Explorer t-shirt.
- An ARUK Explorer medal.
- A bus to take you from finish line to the start line, so your car is waiting for you when you finish your challenge.
- A finish line celebration with a hot meal and fizz at the end.
- Three check points along the route to help make your challenge as easy as possible.
- The very best support in the lead up to event day and on the day from our expert Fundraising team.