Other ways to donate

You can support our work and make breakthroughs possible in other ways, including Gift Aid and shares.

Donate by post or phone

If you would rather make a donation via post, please download and complete our paper single donation form or direct debit form.

Alternatively, if you would rather donate over the phone, call our donation hotline on 0300 111 5555 where our team are ready to help.

Gift Aid

Are you a UK tax payer? If so you can make your gift worth 25% more. This means for every £20 you donate Alzheimer’s Research UK can claim an extra £5 at no additional cost to you.

Gift Aid is a government-run scheme that allows Alzheimer’s Research UK to reclaim the tax that you have already paid on your donations. To qualify for Gift Aid, what you pay in income tax or capital gains must at least equal the amount Alzheimer’s Research UK, or any other charities or CASC’s, claim in the tax year. If you pay less Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax in the current tax year than the amount of Gift Aid claimed on your donations, it is your responsibility to pay any difference.

To Gift Aid your donations download this form or call our Supporter Care team on 0300 111 5555

Giving shares

Since 6 April 2000, individuals can get income tax relief in addition to capital gains tax relief on gifts of shares or securities to charities. This means that as a donor you will get tax relief on the full market value of the shares at the date of sale or transfer.

The shares can either be transferred into the name of Alzheimer’s Research UK using a stock transfer form, or sold on behalf of the charity by the donor. In both cases evidence of the transaction needs to be provided to the Inland Revenue on the donor’s annual tax return before tax relief can be applied.

For more information on share giving visit www.inlandrevenue.gov.uk, where you can find an overview on giving land, buildings, shares and securities to charity. Alternatively, please read the information on tax effective giving.