The safety of our delegates and staff at our Annual Research Conference and Early Careers Day remains our priority.
We are working closely with our venue and suppliers to make sure these events are COVID secure. You can read more about the measures Alzheimer’s Research UK, and the venue will take, and the measures delegates can take, here.
The Brighton Centre has enhanced safety measures which you can read about on their website. A number of measures will include:
- Enhanced cleaning before and after each event.
- Air conditioning operating via Fresh Air only, please be aware that this may make the venue colder or hotter than usual.
- Hand sanitising stations on entry and throughout the venue.
- Our staff will be wearing face coverings (if not exempt) and will also have to show an NHS COVID Pass to gain access to the venue.
- There will be many other measures in place that you cannot see but will be supporting the safety of everyone at the venue.
You can read more about the measures Alzheimer’s Research UK will take in our terms and conditions. The measures will include:
- Where appropriate, our staff will wear masks and maintain social distancing.
- Event capacity will be limited and monitored to allow social distancing.
- High touch point surfaces will be reduced wherever possible.
For entry, you will need to demonstrate your COVID-19 status by providing either:
- Proof of a negative NHS Rapid Lateral Flow Test (such test to be taken within 24 hours prior to attending the event at the venue); or
- Proof of full vaccination - both doses received (with the second at least 14 days prior to the arrival at the venue); or
- Proof of natural immunity based upon a positive PCR test within 180 days of arrival at the venue (and after the 10-day self-isolation period following the result).
Please be ready to show this when you arrive.
We’d like it if you’d wear a face covering when entering, moving around and leaving the venue and in busy areas. Whilst it’s no longer a mandatory requirement, we’d encourage you to be mindful of others, and follow this recommendation and advice about personal responsibility. We’d also like it if you’d take a quick lateral flow test before you come to the venue, even if you’ve been vaccinated, just in case.
If you have been instructed to self-isolate, have COVID-19 or are showing any symptoms (a high temperature, new and persistent cough, or a loss of/change in sense of taste or smell) you MUST NOT come to the venue.
For the latest information on COVID-19 please visit: www.gov.uk/coronavirus