What is wrong one day might be right another day, so don’t be afraid to have a go.
Only do as much as you feel you can. If you begin to feel upset or worried, leave the room. Try again when you are ready.
Some young people live with a relative who has dementia, and may help to care for them. This is a very difficult thing to do. If you are a young carer, visit the links page to find out where you can get information and support.
- What is dementia?
- Which illnesses cause dementia?
- Who gets dementia?
- Will I get dementia?
- What happens to someone with dementia?
- Why do people with dementia change so much?
- Why do simple things become difficult for people with dementia?
- What does it feel like to have dementia?
- Can a person with dementia get better?
- What can I do?
- What if things go wrong?
- How can I cope with my feelings?
- Tell us what you think
This information was updated in November 2019 and is due for review in November 2021. Please contact us if you would like a version with references.