Nobody can say for sure what the changes will be, because everyone who has dementia is different. Below you can see stories from different children who know somebody with dementia. Not everyone gets the same problems, and they don’t all happen at once. Some people may experience these changes after many months or years, or not at all.
- What is dementia?
- Which illnesses cause dementia?
- Who gets dementia?
- Will I get dementia?
- What happens to someone with dementia?
- Why do people with dementia change so much?
- Why do simple things become difficult for people with dementia?
- What does it feel like to have dementia?
- Can a person with dementia get better?
- What can I do?
- What if things go wrong?
- How can I cope with my feelings?
- Tell us what you think
This information was updated in November 2019 and is due for review in November 2021. Please contact us if you would like a version with references.