Alzheimer’s Research UK is the UK’s leading dementia research charity. Volunteers play a critical role in raising vital funds and awareness which supports and enables ARUK to achieve it’s vision of a world where people are free from the fear, harm and heartbreak of dementia. ARUK has an incredible group of volunteers, and we are looking to recruit a Volunteer Manager at an exciting time in the growth of the charity. Our volunteers help with a variety of activities, ranging from community speakers, office volunteers, fundraising groups, campaigners, collection crews, cheer squads at sporting events, and more.
The Volunteer Manager will influence, shape and lead the development and implementation of ARUK’s volunteering strategy and operational plans. The successful candidate will be able to provide strong leadership and strategic direction across the charity, and have proven experience on building a robust framework for recruiting, supporting, engaging, rewarding, and retaining volunteers. Working with all functions across the charity, the Volunteer Manager will be responsible and accountable for enhancing the volunteer experience and increasing the reach and impact of volunteers.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Lead, develop and implement a comprehensive volunteering strategy and operational plans which support ambitious growth in volunteering numbers and activities across the charity
- Establish a volunteer framework by developing and implementing robust policies, processes and practices which cover the whole volunteer lifecycle from recruitment, induction, training, development and reward
- Ensure all volunteer practices, policies and procedures comply with the relevant regulations and legislation
- Promote a positive culture of engagement, that values, embeds and promotes the work of volunteers both internally and externally
- Ensure the charity assesses and manages risks associated with volunteering, liaising as appropriate with colleagues in HR and Risk and Compliance
Essential qualifications, skills, and experience:
- Educated to A Level standard or with equivalent relevant experience
- Good understanding of the principles and best practice of successful volunteering including recruitment, retention, recognition and management
- Significant experience of working in a volunteer management role
- Experience of developing and implementing effective volunteering strategies that are legally compliant and fit with the organisational goals and values.
- Experience of evaluating volunteer activities and projects.
- Experience of managing employees.
Location: Granta Park, near Cambridge
Salary: Circa £40,000 per annum
Click here to view the full details and download our application pack. Interviews will be held 10-11 April 2018. Please advise us in your cover letter if you are unable to interview on these days.