2022 is your chance to be part of our first ever virtual running club: get fit and stay on track throughout the year, meet like-minded people and reduce your risk of dementia – all while raising vital funds for dementia research.
Whether you run as a family, a group of friends, or solo: tick your achievements off in your #TeamARUK running journal as you go. Whatever your age, whatever your ability, this is the challenge for you.
- Register to join our #TeamARUK Running Club and receive your fundraising pack and running journal.
- Join the Facebook community.
- Set your challenge goals, dates and fundraising target.
- Set up your JustGiving page.
- Sign up to an event of your choice. From fun runs to trail runs, you can find something that’s right for you.
- Start running 🏃!
- Start raising vital funds for dementia research.
Why should I take on this challenge?
- Get fit and help to reduce your risk of developing dementia.
- Spread awareness in your local community.
- Support your local events.
- Help make breakthroughs possible.
By signing up using your own event places, you’re saving Alzheimer’s Research UK the cost of your place, meaning the money you raise will go further in funding dementia research. There will be no minimum sponsorship requirement, we will be hugely grateful for anything you are able to raise, and we will of course be here to support you every step of the way and provide you with all the fundraising ideas/materials you may need.
For every £1 donated in 2020/21, 77p powered our life-changing research and helped people to understand and take action on dementia. The remaining 23p helped raise our next £1 and fund essential running costs.
If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact the Sporting Events team.
Sign up here to join our virtual running club and receive your journal.
When you join #TeamARUK you’ll receive:
- A dedicated fundraising team to offer help and support.
- A fundraising pack bursting with hints and tips.
- Your running journal, where you can set your goals and keep track of your achievements.
- Access to an exclusive Facebook group, where you can interact with your fellow #TeamARUK Running Club members.
- Access to fundraising materials, cheer packs for friends and family, and more.
- Raise £200 or more to receive a branded ARUK running t-shirt or vest.