Sign up and fundraising options
- Charity sponsorship: you pay a small registration fee, do lots of fundraising, and we cover the cost of your event place!
- Mixed funding: pay half of the event place cost yourself, fundraise a bit less, and we pay the balance of the event place cost.
- Self-fund: you pay the full cost of the event place, fundraise whatever you can with no set target or deadline, and there’s no cost at all to the charity!
Walk, jog, or run the Lake District Challenge and take on England's finest countryside at your own pace. Test yourself on a fantastic ultra challenge, suitable for all experience levels, and you'll get the best support and hospitality along the way. The challenge base camp is in Kendal, from there it's a 100km anticlockwise loop taking in a couple of tough hills and Ambleside. You’ll enjoy a half way point by Lake Windermere, plus forests and nature reserves with some stunning views en route, before a huge welcome and celebration back at base camp after a momentous journey. Push yourself further with a 100km full challenge, a 50km half challenge or a 25km quarter challenge.
Find this event
Mint Bridge, Shap Rd, Kendal, LA9 6NZ, United Kingdom.
When you join #TeamARUK you’ll receive:
- Help and support from a dedicated fundraising team.
- A fundraising pack bursting with hints and tips.
- A free Alzheimer’s Research UK running vest or technical t-shirt.
- Access to fundraising materials, cheer packs for friends and family, and more.
If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact the Fundraising team.
If you like what you see but can’t make this event, why not check out our full events calendar and find something that suits you? Click here to explore.