Saturday 21st September at 6:30am in The Peak District
Take on the inaugural ARUK Explorer hike and walk 26 miles across the spectacular Peak District on World Alzheimer’s Day.
Starting in Bakewell, you will follow the Monsal Trail, using the former Midland Railway line, including the spectacular headstone tunnel before dropping into Monsal Dale, one of the most famous and photographed locations in Derbyshire.
Walking along the river and through woods, you will next ascend through the stunning Deep Dale and across open fields before joining the Pennine Bridleway and the High Peak Trail, which follows one of the world’s first long distance rails lines, enjoying views of the White Peaks.
Finally, dropping into the village of Carsington, you’ll join the beautiful lakeside footpath and head along the edge of the reservoir at Carsington Water before crossing the finish line.
Join us and your fellow walkers for a hot meal and post-event celebration while you wear your medal with pride.
- An exclusive ARUK Explorer t-shirt.
- An ARUK Explorer medal.
- A bus to take you from finish line to the start line, so your car is waiting for you when you finish your challenge.
- A finish line celebration with a hot meal and fizz at the end.
- Three check points along the route to help make your challenge as easy as possible.
- The very best support in the lead up to event day and on the day from our expert fundraising team.
Route map and elevation
Venue: Peak District
Address: Carsington Water Visitors Centre, The Peak District, DE6 1ST
Our work isn’t possible without amazing supporters like you, and by trekking for Alzheimer’s Research UK you’re funding pioneering research to change the lives of people with dementia and their families.
If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact the Fundraising team.
If you like what you see but can’t make this event, why not check out our full events calendar and find something that suits you? Click here to explore.