#TeamARUK Running Club
Run for you. Run for research.
Start this decade out the right way by signing up to #TeamARUK’s Running Club: you choose your events, and together, we’ll make breakthroughs possible.
2020 is your chance to be part of our first ever virtual running club: get fit and stay on track throughout the year, meet like-minded people and reduce your risk of dementia – all whilst raising vital funds for dementia research.
Whether you run as a family, a group of friends, or solo. Tick your achievements off in your #TeamARUK running journal as you go. Whatever your age, whatever your ability, this is the challenge for you.
- Register to join our #TeamARUK Running Club and receive your fundraising pack and running journal.
- Join the Facebook community.
- Set your challenge goals, dates and fundraising target.
- Set up your Just Giving page.
- Use the search bar below to find running events. From fun runs to trail runs, you can find something that’s right for you.
- Start running 🏃!
- Start raising vital funds for dementia research.
Why should I take on this challenge?
- To start the decade off in the right way.
- Get fit and subsequently reduce your risk of dementia.
- Spread awareness in your local community.
- Support your local events.
- Help make breakthroughs possible.
By securing your own place in your local events, you’re saving Alzheimer’s Research UK the cost of paying for your place, meaning your money will go further in research. In addition to this, you will be supporting your local events and spreading awareness in your local community. Win-win!
When you join #TeamARUK you’ll receive:
- A dedicated fundraising team to offer help and support.
- A fundraising pack bursting with hints and tips.
- Your running journal, where you can set your goals and keep track of your achievements.
- Access to an exclusive Facebook group, where you can interact with your fellow #TeamARUK Running Club members.
- Access to fundraising materials, cheer packs for friends and family, and more.
Our work isn’t possible without amazing supporters like you, and by running for Alzheimer’s Research UK you’re funding pioneering research to change the lives of people with dementia and their families.
For every £1 donated, 77p powers life-changing research and helps people to understand and take action on dementia. The remaining 23p raises our next £1 and funds essential running costs.
If you have any questions or would like further information, please contact the Sporting Events team.