Marathons not for you? Then support dementia research while you DIY this Easter
When it comes to fundraising for a charity like Alzheimer’s Research UK, there are some tried and tested ideas that always come to mind. These might be gruelling marathons, daring skydives or even delicious bake sales.
And while these are all fantastic ways to support us, we know these are not for everyone. That’s why we’re excited to tell you that you can do your bit for dementia research by shopping online.
Sound too good to be true? We promise you, it’s not!
Thanks to our partnership with Wickes, you can now support Alzheimer’s Research UK by using Savoo – a money-saving voucher site.
From 9 to 23 April, Wickes and Savoo are giving people 2% of the sale value of every order to be donated directly to Alzheimer’s Research UK. So, if you’re looking to do some DIY over the next few weeks, now will be a perfect time to get the materials you need – while funding groundbreaking dementia research at the same time.
So how does it work?
- Sign up for an account with Savoo and select Alzheimer’s Research UK as your chosen charity.
- Explore Savoo’s latest deals for Wickes.
- Click on an offer to copy your discount code and be taken to the Wickes website.
- Browse Wickes’ collection of home improvement products.
- Enter your discount code at checkout to apply your savings.
- Once your order is complete, Savoo will donate its commission to Alzheimer’s Research UK.
- Keep track of how much you’ve donated on your Savoo account.
Also, if you pick Alzheimer’s Research UK as your chosen charity on Savoo, any deals you use on the site to save money will mean a free donation comes to us.
As well as raising money as you shop, you can also support by searching the web. Savoo has created a search engine in association with Bing, which donates a penny to us with every search.