Happy birthday dementiablog
Today is the the first anniversary of the Alzheimer’s Research UK Blog site. In that time it has become the place to find out the latest views on the impact and science of dementia.
What a year it has been; we’ve had guest blogs from:
- SirTerry Pratchett
- Seth Rogen
- Blogger and Twitter campaigner Nicky Clark
- Comedian Arthur Smith
- Campaigner Beth Britton.
We’ve met some fantastic fundraisers:
- Journalist Dave Golder, who set himself the challenge of wearing a different pair of sci-fi themed trainers every day. For a year…
- Our marvellous Marathon runners, with photos from the cheer squad on the day
- The fantastic response from fans at Norwich City FC, part of Duncan’s Day to honour their hero and ex-player, Duncan Forbes
- 84-year-old skydiving WI member and Great-Grandmother Dorothy Parnell.
In the news
There have been some big news stories launched or discussed on the blog:
- Defeat Dementia campaign launches
- What’s the point of a blood test for Alzheimer’s?
- The Alzheimer’s Research UK Stem Cell Research Centre
- How large DNA banks help us to defeat dementia
- Drug Discovery Institute launches
- Global action against dementia
- Neurodegeneration – a common cure?
Discussion and debate
And stimulating debate on the issues around dementia and research, to encourage discussion:
- ‘You’re just a bit doolally’: Tackling the stigma of dementia
- Dementia – a laughing matter
- Why is dementia research the elephant in the room?
- The failure rate of clinical trials for Alzheimer’s – why we need to raise our game
- Live Blog from the Alzheimer’s Research UK Conference 2014.