Alzheimer’s Research UK Sporting Events Terms & Conditions of Entry
By applying for a place in a sporting event with Alzheimer’s Research UK (“ARUK”) you accept and agree to abide by the following terms:
Charity Place Entrants
The following provisions apply to entrants participating in a sporting event to raise money for ARUK only:
- As ARUK has a limited number of places in sporting events ARUK cannot guarantee that your application will be successful.
- If your application is successful, you may be required to complete your registration on the entry registration system for the third-party event. Further details will be provided closer to the event date. If you fail to complete this entry form by the deadline given, you may lose your place in your event. No refund will be given.
- If you are required to pay for a registration fee for a ARUK charity place as part of the application process, we regret that we are unable to refund any payment unless your application is unsuccessful.
- If you are granted an ARUK charity place, please note this place is non-transferable. Any attempt to transfer your place may result in this place being lost, but you will not be entitled to a refund if you have paid a fee for your place.
- To complete your registration, ARUK may need to pass your data on to the third-party event organiser. If you do not complete the registration by any deadline specified by the third-party event organiser, you may lose your place.
- If you have purchased a charity place with ARUK but need to withdraw from the sporting event, ARUK cannot guarantee that your place will be deferred to the following year. You may need to re-apply for a charity place and you may be required to commit to the sponsorship pledge that is set for the following year.
- Obtaining places in sporting events often requires an investment from ARUK. By applying for a charity place in any sporting event with ARUK, you agree to meet the minimum sponsorship amount as specified on each third party event webpage.
- All monies raised as part of your pledge must be paid to ARUK within 6 weeks of the event date. If a deficit to the minimum sponsorship amount remains after this time, ARUK may be require you to pay the difference.
The following provisions apply to all entrants participating in an ARUK sporting event:
- We reserve the right to refuse any application at our absolute discretion, without providing reasons for doing so.
- In the event you need to withdraw from the sporting event for any reason you should inform us promptly by one of the methods specified below. We regret that we are unable to refund any registration payment or sponsorship that you may have raised for or paid to ARUK.
- You can withdraw from your place in the sporting event at any point by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0300 1115555. No withdrawal fee will be payable to ARUK, however we regret that we are unable to refund any registration payment or sponsorship that you may have raised for or paid to ARUK prior to your withdrawal.
- Any images, videos, audio or quotes we collect from you in connection with your participation in or fundraising for the sporting event may be used by ARUK on social media, the ARUK or third party websites and in future marketing materials or other publications. If you would like your image removed, please contact email@example.com We will aim to remove all images within 10 working days.
- We have strived to ensure that the information provided in relation to the sporting event is accurate at the time of publication, timely, unbiased and useful. However, no information provided by ARUK or any third parties should be treated as medical guidance or professional advice. We are not responsible for errors or omissions in the information provided nor any actions resulting from the use of such information, and ARUK makes no warranty of any kind, either express or implied, with respect to this information. Use of the information provided is voluntary.
- In no event shall we be liable to you whether for breach of contract, any tortious act or omission (including negligence) or otherwise, under or in connection with these terms and conditions for any direct or indirect (i) loss or damage, (ii) loss of profit, loss of reputation, (iii) loss of business, (iv) loss of revenue or goodwill, (v) loss of anticipated savings, (vi) pledges made on your behalf or by you to charity, or (vii) any consequential or indirect loss, regardless of whether the loss or damage (a) would arise in the ordinary course of events, (b) is reasonably foreseeable, or (c) is in contemplation of the parties, or otherwise.
- On confirmation of your place you will be invited to join one of our sporting Facebook groups. We have the right to use any material posted on the groups in our marketing materials or future communications. We reserve the right to remove or hide any content posted on these groups with no reason given.
- You understand that the event you are participating in is organised by a third party. You must adhere to the rules outlined by the event organisers, including any age restriction in place. ARUK is not responsible and ARUK’s liability for (i) cancellation of the sporting event and (2) any loss, damage or injury acquired as a result of taking part and/or as a result of cancellation of the sporting event is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law. Any dispute arising under or in connection with these terms and conditions shall be referred for determination to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions, please do not hesitate to call us on 0300 111 5555, or email firstname.lastname@example.org