5 things we need Government to help make happen
To improve the lives of people with dementia by 2025, the UK government must:
- Increase investment in dementia research to 1% of the total annual cost of dementia to the UK economy by 2025 (projected to be £320m in 2025).
- Double the number of dementia researchers and people participating in dementia research.
- Prepare the healthcare sector to detect the diseases that cause dementia 10-15 years before symptoms appear.
- Spearhead dedicated dementia risk reduction and wider brain health campaigns for both the public and health and social care professionals.
- Prepare for a life-changing treatment for dementia through Alzheimer’s Research UK’s Dementia Access Taskforce.