Charitable Trusts play an enormously important part in our work and we would like to thank all of our Trusts and Foundations for their support. We are keen to partner Trusts in our fight against dementia, matching our research projects to suit your Trust’s giving.
What we are able to do for you:
- As the UK’s leading dementia research experts our Scientific Advisory Board, a distinguished group of world-class dementia scientists, ensure that work funded by Alzheimer’s Research UK is cost-effective and offers the best hope of making progress towards a cure, treatment or prevention for dementia.
- We can organise a visit to a project near you to see first-hand how your money is making a difference.
- We provide regular updates on the progress of the research.
- We hold free public events across the UK where you can hear about the latest advances in dementia research.
What we are able to do together:
- We can encourage new scientists into the field of dementia research.
- For every scientist working on dementia, there are six researching into cancer. Without voluntary funding into the work that we enable, there would be fewer opportunities for scientists to have careers in dementia research.
- UK scientists are amongst the leading dementia researchers in the world and we may lose some of our best scientists abroad. There is great capacity for growth within our own country with more investment.
- The economic cost of dementia to the UK is estimated at £23 billion a year – more than cancer and heart disease combined. With no treatments to stop the disease progressing in the brain and an ageing population, this burden on the economy is going to increase unless we take seriously the need to find treatments and a cure.
Please see our annual report for our income and expenditure.
If you think an area of our work is of interest to your Trust, or if you would like any further information, please contact Amy Douglas, our Charitable Trust officer by telephone 0300 111 5555 or email firstname.lastname@example.org